Are you passionate about animals and pet care? Do you want to be a part of shaping a new brand that will innovate and change the future of pet care around the world?
As head of Product Design, you will shape the future of pet ownership and veterinary care by creating outstanding experiences for pets and vets alike. We are looking for an experienced leader that can help build a world class design team to innovate and deliver value throughout the pet ownership lifecycle.
IVC Evidensia is the largest veterinary service in Europe with the mission to not only continue to provide the best physical veterinary care but also to be the most advanced digital veterinary group. We work to create strong digital relationships, create loyalty through outstanding experiences, personalization and providing the best care at the right time. We offer secure and personal care for our furry friends such as dogs, cats, horses, and exotic animals. Our purpose is simple - healthy animals and happy owners.
We are active in 19 countries in Europe and North America. We have more than 2000 practices, hospitals, and crematoriums, as well as a fast-growing online pharmacy and digital business.
In your role you will build, scale, and manage the Product Design team, and be responsible for the design direction and execution of the IVC Evidensia products across all verticals and platforms globally.
You’ll take the lead from strategy to execution to develop outstanding experiences for pet owners throughout their lifecycle. Moments such as booking a telehealth appointment, ordering pet medicine, or joining our rewarding pet health club will be under your remit to create and deliver.
You will shape and staff a high performing product design team with incredible talent and experience to deliver our product vision. Through incredible coaching and management, your team will make the product experience truly stand out.
- Confidently lead and communicate a compelling all aspects of a design strategy and process, ensuring it is aligned with overall business objectives, strategy, and outcomes
- Advocating for and leading user research, design, and usability testing as it applies to a given project/problem to solve
- Play a key role in up levelling the experience and execution of our new products to market
- Design, grow and manage a product design team to meet business and team priorities
- Develop the skills, talents, and careers of the design team through coaching them to success and impact
- Work with developers and business collaborators to understand technical constraints, and uncover hidden assumptions and/or new possibilities for action
- Set high-level and detailed product design direction in collaboration with product teams and cross-functional peers
- Be a strong and influential advocate for design influence and design priorities
- Hold a high-quality bar for all work and help set the standard for our product experience
- Based on research, visualize ideas and concepts in e.g. testable UX Prototypes and visualizing user flows and touchpoints in e.g., Service Blueprints or Personas.
- Being an agent and driver of change in an evolving culture: driving the ongoing evolution of the product design discipline and team to drive better user and business outcomes
- 8+ years’ experience in product design at well-known consumer facing brands
- 2+ years in people management at a mid to late-stage company
- Experience sourcing, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding a team, and the ability to evaluate design talent
- A history of demonstrating relentless user focus, particularly B2C
- Product Discovery best practices which include models such as KANO, JTBD, Design Sprints, etc
- Experience in leading all parts of the UX lifecycle from user research, through wireframing, prototyping and user testing, with expertise in information architecture and interaction design and delivering high-fidelity UI designs and required UI specifications
- A track record of teams that collaborate well across the organization, who can empathize and partner with pet owners and vet practices
- Experience in both 0-1 product development and with improving and developing an existing product
- Understanding and appreciation for the correct application of data and metrics in product design
- Have a portfolio of you and/or your teams’ work that demonstrates the ability to create work that is both beautiful, effective, and impactful
Nice to have
- Created and developed well known global B2C products at scale
- Extensive experience with high ranking well known Mobile Apps
- Experience in high growth scale up organizations
- Experience from the MedTech Industry, especially within human or pet healthcare
- Loyalty or membership programs
Interviews will be held continuously so submit your application today! If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to reach out to Jonas Claesson at firstname.lastname@example.org